วันศุกร์ที่ 12 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2551

Dusting Your Computer - Keeping it Cool

My mother always told me that dust, but I've never done, mainly because I was lazy, but because I could not find any tangible benefits to dust. I do not see how it could benefit from my room or my things are less dusty. Well now that I got a little more, and finally found a reason to dust - a refrigerator works team. I'll have to give some background information on my own system and living conditions, then run tests before and after the dust and explain how and what I used to dust. Be sure to look at this article - with photos and graphics - and lots of details, aworldofhelp.com. I had the machine in a little over two years, a dual AMD Athlon MP job, but no more high-end, much is still fast enough for what I do. The computer is running at a speed of standards and specifications, and has always been very stable - but not 100%. When the system was approximately one year, I had come with a different and more or less once a week blockade. At this time, finally time to diagnose and treat the problem. To be perfectly clear, I am referring to the locks, where everything becomes unresponsive, the screen freezes and I have to start from scratch, and not only a demand shock, which usually can not blame Microsoft. My first thought was that the computer has been overheating, especially the CPU. I was a little hesitant, because even if I was running AMD processors for retail to the specifications of the standard AMD for retail with coolers and fans, and I is who should have been a good set-up. But I was overheating CPU before when I was convinced he was the problem, and this just felt that now. I did some research on the net and it found that the AMD cooling solutions are a bit underwhelming practitioners, so I broke out and bought new coolers and fans. They are not always high-end, but the temperature dropped immediately my CPU around 20%. In the scientific evidence, I would say that my team is certainly more stable after the reduction of temperature. I think that blocking weekly was a month or every two months to block. This is clearly not the perfect solution for a system which should be stable at 99.99%, but this is a big improvement, and letting go of this issue for some time. I want to be aware that many assume many of you, this team is still, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. However, there is now a year later, my computer is increasingly unstable. I do not intend to go out and get better coolers and fans again, then I am sure that improvements will be smaller than before. My neighbor is on how dust throughout the system. I know that there must be dusted once in the past two years, but I've never been around him. I would say that I live in an environment in terms of dust, not better or for worse, and I never thought I would make a major difference in temperature of the UC. As you can see, I was completely wrong - it may certainly be my mother. Almost all users should really consider the results of two tests, perhaps giving more weight that best fits your computer. Even if you are using business applications, mainly almost certainly now and then do something that is the test content, image editing, or sometimes a family film, for example. Therefore, taking into account all the evidence, not only focus on a graph. If dust on the computer? Yes, why not, can not find the damage. But actually, there are tangible benefits to clean your computer, even if it now appears stable. D'computers and electronics in general do not like heat. Støvet blocked the fans in his case, generally you cool CPUs, video cards and components on the motherboard. The powder can also block fans and air circulation inside and outside of his case. Fresh air must be placed in one case, reception, air and then dissipated. If the airways are blocked, system temperature can rise rapidly. If the layer is stable, but the CPU is running too hot, you reduce their lifetime, potentially quickly. More important for many people, May, but be the result of the first inning related computer lock. While it is never a problem before, if your computer crashes at the wrong time can be catastrophic. In general, my only hang up when I am away from her, or overnight, and I turned around and Firefox, and has not lost something important. But last week, closed with graphics without having to put my last article and Excel has chosen not to follow. I used the time it took to explore ways of eliminating blokade of these new businesses. Of course, reduce the heat is always a priority for people who overclock your CPU. For those who do not know, overclocking a CPU operates at a frequency higher than what was sold to work. For example, you May on its Pentium 4 running on a standby rate of 2 GHz, and try running a 2.1 GHz, 2.5 GHz, a speed faster, or anywhere between two. I have an old dual-CPU system that is designed to operate at 366 MHz. Instead, I ran the chips at 500 MHz each, which was a big performance gains. Overclocking is really a great way to get more free performance of a system, provided they can maintain stability. In general, the key success factor is the reduction of heat as much as possible. Another thing to note is that, even if it is very important to keep the heat from the CPU at a minimum, hard drives, video cards and all other components must also keep track. In fact, I really do not know that my CPU is the current problem. I think we are, but I suppose my next (if I am true that this is a problem of heat) would be my video card, as I noted, and it's really hot. Consider this as well, if my CPU is really to stop working because it was very hot, it would probably be a gradual process, and I was able to resolve the situation by buying a replacement. If my hard drive crashes, and possibly losing data, which can be much more problematic. It could be a replacement, but the data recovery can be much more difficult than just replace a central unit. Open system, and thus more dust. All fans are covered by dust and air circulation is completely blocked. I put this question and took the temperature of my team and inactive when they work. The tests are administered, all systems following: CPU - Double AMD Athlon MP 2000 + (1.67 GHz) Motherboard - AMD K7 D-RAM - 1024 MB RAM (2 x 512 MB DDR registered 2100) video card - Matrox Parhelia 128 MB AGP HD - Segata 5400 rpm-st320410a Windows XP SP2, which I have collected unexciting hard drive is only because he had reports that the temperature. For inactive readings from the computer recently began operating under Windows. To get the machine running at full load, I ran two instances of Prime95, a mathematics curriculum max to a CPU (2 copies running, one for 2 CPU), copied and 2 GB of music on the hard drive in another folder in the same unit. The whole process took about half an hour. Without nothing to compare with them, these numbers for everything that is not very interesting. My only reaction is that the 63 degrees Celsius seems quite hot, and the temperature CPU is not idle either too wonderful. Keep in mind that each processor has another type of temperature range recommended. 63 degrees May be too hot for mine clearance, but might be acceptable, or perhaps a hot for its own account. Despite this, we hope to see a relative drop in temperature after the powder. Dust computer As I said, I've never dusted a computer before, but I went to what ended as a reasonable level. I bought compressed air and a small brush basis with a total value of $ 7 and used a fabric that I have here. I have taken steps to connect my computer, my country to discharge static electricity by touching a metal object that is not my team, opened the case and is ready to go. If you ensure that your computer is disconnected, do not get anything wet, is mild and at the same time it is opened, you should not damage anything. For the most part in his team delicate, but it is fragile. The most notable exception is your CPU. If we can disconnect and remove it from the motherboard, which would delay the pins on the bottom which is actually very delicate. You can really do a thorough job of it, except for drinking and all that dust, but I do not want to spend a lot of time to do it, and I know if I left everything on his luck was less mess for me nothing . So I used the air brush and dust cloth and started the computer, have made most of their time to clean the fans and that the holes outside the coup d'état. I ran the same test, and results have been spectacular. Inaktivitet, 1 CPU saw a 18% reduction of temperature, while the CPU-2 is 10% more fresh. It is very important, because all these hours, my computer is to sit down and do very little will be much cooler. A full load, 1 CPU is 21% CPU cooler and 2 is 12% cooler. These are still very impressive results, and also very important. I have had ups lock when video encoding and other CPU-intensive tasks, and now the chips will take place at the same time making the charges. It is interesting to note that the CPU 1 was warmer than the CPU 2, after cleaning and adopted. An important fact is that the temperature of reports on this type of dual AMD Athlon system is generally uneven. However, CPU-1 was easier because the dust around DVD players were on the path of the CPU-2, so we probably done a better job of cleaning old and there is still room for improvement in other cooling. Another note that I left a record speed of the fan before and after cleaning, and I watched a 2% increase in CPU speeds fan after I dusted. I did not expect this at all and, of course, not be sure that this will always be in the dust, but it can be very interesting to try to overclocking ico before the last part of the performance of the fan. The hard drive temperature was recorded with 9%, while increased activity by dust, and again an improvement of 9% at full load. It is a comfortable temperature reduction mechanical components which are outside the mill in thousands of hours over the life of your computer. The issue is the temperature is the same in all tests. Conclusion But I was surprised by the results were dramatically. I waited a few degrees of CPU and perhaps to a hard disk, but to see a 20% reduction of temperature is nothing more than large ones. The challenge, it is possible to improve. Covering the CPU might have attracted more fans involved and dust, and as I said today one of the processors was more difficult than others. In addition, I have had more dust inside my computer, over 90%, but as someone who has proven more difficult to clean that I was ready to irritate. Take all the cards and a complete cleaning of the entire system would probably lead to even better results. My system was kept in the refrigerator before temperatures, a week after cleaning, and I have not had a freeze since then. I can not be sure that I have solved the problem of blocking, but it seems that I have for the moment. At least, can be assured hot CPU is not the problem, since they now operate at temperatures quite acceptable. Your own results may vary, May and not be as dramatic, if the engine was not as dusty as mine. Despite this, you should see some reduction in component temperature for cleaning system. But I recommend you take a look around and inside your computer to see how it looks. If it is dust, and $ 7 an hour of his time seems to be a good investment to increase the lifespan of your computer and prevent the locking system of windows. I suspect that many people suffer from heat caused a few blocks, it is simply unclear what is the problem, and they do not occur often enough to be the cause of serious concern. But remember that even if you only have led to a blockage by the heat throughout your computer may come at the worst time or cause permanent damage. Steve Perlow is one of the founders of http://aworldofhelp.com aworldofhelp.com, where you can find aworldofhelp the most popular on the desktop and laptop computers. Visit aworldofhelp.com get answers to real people to their questions on technology, travel and much more.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: